It’s a given fact that you live in an era where there is truly a shortage of space. It is not really conceivable to get enormous homes these days because of the absence of space and spending plan, especially if you live in a big city like Perth. When space is an issue, you will have to look forward and locate a decent solution. If you really put your mind into it, you can clearly think of a few solutions. With the help of Perth Renovation Builders, you can even tweak your floor plan a bit just to get that extra space while maintaining its chic and elegant look.
One way to solve limited space problems is to have an attic. Adding an extra storey in your home might actually be simpler than you think but if you want to ensure a professional finish, you can ask help from Perth Renovation Builders. An attic is a good way to have extra space in your home for your growing family. Before you go ahead and do some renovations, make sure to check some attic renovation ideas that you may find useful for your planned attic renovation.
Below are a few considerations you need to remember before having an attic makeover:
- Have a Professional Check the Structure: A completed attic measures significantly more than boxes of off-season duds. Contract Perth Renovation Builders to examine your home’s foundation and framing to guarantee they can carry the additional load. At any rate, you may need to reinforce the upper room’s floor joists, which are frequently too shallow or spaced too far apart for the job.
- Assess Your Entry: Before you start on an attic conversion, you will have to remember a few rules and tips. Although you can make a design on your own, you still need careful planning and execution. Hiring experts in renovations and home improvements in Perth will make sure your attic will be properly positioned and the structure has correct support. If you’re constructing a staircase from scratch, consider a curve design. It needs more space than a straight run (around 45 to 50 square feet for each floor versus 33), yet its footprint is more squarish than linear, so it will regularly fit in spaces where a straight run can’t go. Simply ensure the landing is sufficiently large to move furniture upstairs. If you have an existing staircase, you have to plan connecting steps toward your proposed attic space.
- Consider the Colour Palette You Choose: If you want your attic to look spacious than its already limited space, make sure to choose a light colour palette. Painting your ceilings and sloped walls in the same shade will make it appear bigger. You can opt for warm whites like ivory or cream so your attic will not look like a hospital room. Think about the colour scheme so your attic should look modern and not dated.
- Smart Storage Solutions: When you are making an additional space in your home, storage will also come to your mind. You can select some space in your attic for cabinets. You can also opt for floating shelves on the walls to make it look attractive. Make use of recessed knee wall storage space. You can also take advantage of perimeter drawers, cabinets, and cubbies to save space.
- Layered Light: Lighting is a very important factor when it comes to interior decors. You can layer your lighting to create different effects. You can fit spotlights in various directions. You can even have recessed lighting for more layered effects. Add a bedside wall light and fit dimmer switches for creating an ambiance.
When it comes to making your attic space functional, having a sofa bed will greatly save space. If you have no prior experience in home renovation, you can talk to renovations specialists in Perth to guide you through the makeover process. Perth renovations and additions experts at https://www.addstyle.net have the experience and tools to make your dream attic makeover come to life.